Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Marching Onwards of Time

Sweetpea has grown up. I keep hoping that I'm wrong, that time will stand still where she is concerned, but alas, she keeps growing faster than a weed. The other day I was cruising down the freeway, windows open, with music playing quietly in the background as I talked to Sweetpea about the different things we were seeing along the way.
Look! Mummah! A car.
What colour is the car precious girl?
Red.
What is that in French darling....? Rouge?
Rouge. Look... a cyclebike!
Is that what is making all that noise Sweetpea? You mean a motorcycle?
Yeah, a cyclebike.
Yes my darling, its a cyclebike.
Suddenly there is a commotion behind me, as Sweetpea states, “Music Mummah”. I don’t understand so she has to repeat herself several times.
Music Mummah.... music.
Oh darling, do you want me to turn up the music?
Yeah.
So I turn the radio up to hear James Blunt singing his song “1973”. But I watch in the rear vision mirror as she sways in time and I and turned the radio down again slightly to better hear Sweetpea singing along with James. Suddenly I knew that I had a little girl and not a baby in the back seat of my car.

No comments: